Friday, May 10, 2013

Mother's Day



As I prepare my self for another childless mother's day I cannot seem to sit back and reflect on this thing called life and where it's heading. For the first time in my adult child bearing years I am okay with not being a mother YET and being able to celebrate Mother's Day childless. I received an awesome email from a childhood friend that helped bring all this to prospective. She simply stated that she never realized that Mother's Day can be so different for some. That simple statement opened my eyes to the fact that I am not alone. I am not the only one that loves to celebrate my mother for mother's day but also that it is just a kindly reminder that you (I) am not a mom. Without my mother and the love that she shared growing up I simply would not exist. I also have reflected on the facts that there are many people that hurt on Mother's Day for different reason's. Maybe their mother has went on to walk with the lord,  or maybe they are mourning the loss of a child or pregnancy that just didn't make it to the end. For these reason I hurt this year. Not because I will go another year and not be a mother but for the ones that hurt for different reason's than me. I know my child is out there. I feel it's presence. I know when the time is right god will show me what I need to do or where I need to be to welcome my child into our loving family. This year I celebrate the decades of women that have been graced with motherhood. My many ancestor's that without the decades of women being mother's we simply would not have a mother's day to celebrate.


I celebrate my mother and am so grateful that she is still here to celebrate the woman that gave me life. You are my rock and my very first best friend. You have always been there to pick up the pieces and dry the tears. You were the one that taught me my first words and walked beside me when I was only learning how to walk. You were always there with afternoon snacks after school and as I got older you were always there when I needed an ear to listen or a pep talk. I know being a mother was not always easy especially with us but I am so thankful GOD choose you to be my mother.  I am the woman I am today because of you. I only hope that I have made you proud. You choose life and for that I am thankful. I celebrate my only living grandparent left my Nana. Without my Nana none of this would be possible. So instead of pity this year I feel BLESSED beyond words. I am anxious to share the love I have for my mother to my own child but for now we WAIT.  Happy Mother's Day to all the mother's out there. Love on them babies a little more this year for all of us that yearn for what you have and never forget the one's that don't have a mother to celebrate this special day with. 


HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY MOM'S!

1 comment:

  1. Mandy you made me cry!!! This is beautiful and your
    Day will come and when it does you will be an awesome mom. For the time being you can be my kids second mom. LOL they love you so much!!

    ReplyDelete